This course provides the knowledge and skills to design a DevOps strategy. Students will learn how to plan for transformation, select a project, and create team structures. Students will also learn how to develop quality and security strategies. Planning for migrating and consolidating artifacts and source control will also be covered.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan for the transformation with shared goals and timelines
- Select a project and identify project metrics and KPIs
- Create a team and agile organizational structure
- Develop a project quality strategy
- Plan for secure development practices and compliance rules
- Migrate and consolidate artifacts
- Migrate and integrate source control measures
Students in this course are interested in planning DevOps projects or in passing the Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions certification exam.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Fundamental knowledge about Azure, version control, Agile software development, and core software development principles
- Experience in an organization that delivers software
- It is recommended that you have experience working in an IDE, as well as some knowledge of the Azure portal. However, students who may not have a technical background in these technologies, but who are curious about DevOps practices as a culture shift, should be able to follow the procedural and expository explanations of continuous integration regardless.
- Planning for DevOps
- Transformation Planning
- Project Selection
- Team Structures
- Planning for Quality and Security
- Planning a Quality Strategy
- Planning Secure Development
- Migrating and Consolidating Artifacts and Tools
- Migrating and Consolidating Artifacts
- Migrating and Integrating Source Control