This course deals with the questions of organization of efficient management process of technical support subdivision in a company, on the basis of library «IT Infrastructure Library V.3-2011» books, that have appeared in the result of systematization of the accumulated world experience in this sphere. Also, within this course you will acquire the practical skills of effective organization of processes in IT infrastructure management.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Substantiate the need of implementation and improvement of management processes of technical support service according to the methodology that is described in «IT Infrastructure Library»
- Formalize the management process of technical support service
- Describe the purpose, implementation process and key performance indicators of the main processes and management functions
Beside this, the student will get the necessary materials for the preparation to the examination test EXIN: “ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management”.
This course is recommended for the people who are involved in the provision or support of IT services, for both the managerial staff and for ordinary employees, regardless of that, whether the IT-services are provided for the company subdivisions or some other enterprises. Training on ITIL Fundamentals course also will be useful for the business-managers, whose subdivisions are the IT-services consumers.
Before attending this course, students must have:
There are no formal pre-requisites for this ITIL course, but at least one year experience of the IT industry is recommended.
- History of foundation and structure of ITIL v.3-2011 library volumes
- Acquaintance with the basic notions, concepts and benefits of the process approach in the service management: the process, owner, objectives, inputs and outputs, process indicators.
- Service life cycle
- Creation and systematization of skills on usage of ITIL v.3-2011 library, as a modern base of knowledge on the best organizational methods and IT service management.
- Acquaintance with the main ITIL v.3-2011 library volumes:
- Service strategy - examines business processes in general and demonstrates cooperation of IT and business. The next processes are considered: Financial Management, Service portfolio and its management, Demand Management;
- Service Design - examines service construction process. The next processes are considered: Service Catalogue Management, Service Level Management, Capacity Management, Availability Management, Continuity Management, Supplier Management;
- Service Transition - examines the management of change, quality control, as well as risk analysis and has an aim to construct the service process so that service operations would ensure an effective management of services and infrastructure. The next processes are considered: Change Management, Configuration and Service Assets Management, Knowledge Management, Release and Deployment Management;
- Service Operation. The next processes and functions are considered: Incident Management, Service-desk, Problem Management, Event Management, Availability Management, Requests fulfillment management;
- Continual Service Improvement - guidance on the evaluation of provided services, its analysis and search for the continuous ways of the service quality improvement.