An intensive 5-day course provides knowledge on the DevOps methodology. The main principles and practices of the methodology, platforms and tools and their installation are considered.
The training is useful for managers, architects, engineers and developers who plan to use DevOps practices and CI/CD tools.
The course can be taken in full, or in parts:
Before attending this course, students must have:
- for managers - 1-2 modules (8 + 8 = 16 hours)
- architects – 1-3 modules (8 + 8 + 8 = 24 hours)
- engineers are encouraged to complete all modules 1-4 (8 + 8 + 8 +16 = 40 hours)
All participants of the course who plan to be on the 4th module must have prior knowledge of Linux in an amount not less than the NT-LAdm course.
- DevOps principles and practices
Architectural view. Choice of platforms and tools
- Key Concepts and DevOps Vocabulary.
- DevOps and landscape of other methodologies (Agile/Scrum, Lean, ITSM/ITIL4, SIAM). SDLC models.
- Devops culture.
- Scrum practices and their impact on DevOps.
- organizational models. Autonomy and self-organizing teams.
- SecOps, DevSecOps, SecDevOps. Why is it important.
- CI/CD practices.
- Responsibilities of a DevOps engineer.
- Comparison of the role of SRE and DevOps engineer.
- DevOps CI/CD management metrics in the context of SAFe.
Introduction to popular DevOps platforms and tools
- A general look at the effectiveness of DevOps in terms of the application architectures used and the production environment.
- An overview of the architectural principles and platforms most suitable for DevOps.
- Modern trends and new technological platforms.
- Virtualization, containers, cloud platforms.
- VmWare, Amazon AWS, Docker+Swarm, Docker+Kubernetes, OpenStack.
- Build systems, repositories, CI / CD - a general overview of tools, pros / cons.
- Configuration management systems Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- Infrastructure as code. Terraform.
- Monitoring systems.
Installing and configuring DevOps platforms and tools
- A tour of the pre-configured environment, scenarios for using all the platforms and tools described below
- VMware vSphere, OpenStack, Docker+Swarm, AWS.
- docker compose. docker hub.
- Bitbucket + bamboo. Ansible.
- Gitlab + Docker + Amazon AWS.
- Monitoring Docker containers. Splunk