This three- to five-day instructor-led is intended for IT professionals who are interested in furthering their skills in Windows PowerShell and administrative automation. The course assumes a basic working knowledge of PowerShell as an interactive command-line shell, and teaches students the correct patterns and practices for building reusable, tightly scoped units of automation.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the correct patterns for building modularized tools in Windows PowerShell
- Build highly modularized functions that comply with native PowerShell patterns
- Build controller scripts that expose user interfaces and automate business processes
- Manage data in a variety of formats
- Write automated tests for tools
- Debug tools
This course is intended for administrators in a Microsoft-centric environment who want to build reusable units of automation, automate business processes, and enable less-technical colleagues to accomplish administrative tasks.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience at basic Windows administration
- Experience using Windows PowerShell to query and modify system information
- Experience using Windows PowerShell to discover commands and their usage
- Experience using WMI and/or CIM to query system information