The course covers the main features of working and customizing Project Online for business tasks.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- perform business configuration of the Project Online application
Project managers and other professionals involved in project work in organizations.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- mandatory attendance of the course “NT-PM(I). Project management using Microsoft Project” or equivalent knowledge;
- it is desirable to attend the course “NT-PM101. Project management methodology and business practice specifics” or equivalent knowledge.
- General principles of Project administration online
- Creation of projects. Using local and corporate templates
- Custom corporate fields.
- Lookup tables.
- Department fields
- The concept of a global corporate template.
- Creation of public corporate objects: filters, groups, calendars, views and others
- Resource management
Server security management
- Creating, editing, activating and deactivating resources
- Resource Pool Synchronization with Active Directory
- Formation of the project team
- Resource Decomposition Structure (RDS)
- Local Resources
- Role Resources. Resource skills. Replacing role and local resources with actual ones.
- Work in the resource center. View Assignments and Availability for a Resource
Interface management: customization of views, groups, Gantt chart formats, quick launch bars
- SharePoint Permission Mode and Project Permission Mode
- Users, groups, categories, security templates
- Synchronizing security groups with Active Directory
- Project Permissions WebApp, server global permissions
- Representative Management
- Project Permissions
Force check in of corporate objects
Removing Enterprise Objects
My jobs are in the queue
Backup and restore
Business Intelligence and Reporting
- Some additional server options.
- Options and task display. Closing Tasks for Update
- Project site management
- General principles for using project sites
- Documents, questions, risks
- Setting up document libraries
- Project site interface customization
- Setting permissions
- Configuring Project Site Creation Options
- Description of business factors
- Determining the Priority of Business Factors
- Determining project dependencies
- Cost analysis
- Resource analysis