After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Perform Power BI desktop data transformation.
- Describe Power BI desktop modelling.
- Create a Power BI desktop visualization.
- Implement the Power BI service.
- Describe how to connect to Excel data.
- Describe how to collaborate with Power BI data.
- Connect directly to data stores.
- Describe the Power BI developer API.
The course will likely be attended by SQL Server report creators who are interested in alternative methods of presenting data at course completion
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Some basic knowledge of data warehouse schema topology (including star and snowflake schemas)
- Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching)
- An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications — particularly Excel
Module 1: Introduction to Self-Service BI Solutions
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Business Intelligence
- Lesson 2: Introduction to Data Analysis
- Lesson 3: Introduction to Data Visualization
- Lesson 4: Overview of Self-Service BI
- Lesson 5: Considerations for Self-Service BI
- Lesson 6: Microsoft Tools for Self-Service BI
- Lab: Exploring an Enterprise BI Solution
Module 2: Introducing Power BI
- Lesson 2: The Power BI Service
[list] Module 3: Power BI Data
- Lab: Creating a Power BI Dashboard
- Lesson 1: Using Excel as a Data Source for Power BI
- Lesson 2: The Power BI Data Model
- Lesson 3: Using Databases As a Data Source for Power BI
- Lesson 4: The Power BI Service
Module 4: Shaping and Combining Data
- Lab: Importing Data into Power BI
- Lesson 1: Power BI Desktop Queries
Module 5: Modeling Data
- Lab: Shaping and Combining Data
Module 6: Interactive Data Visualizations
- Lesson 3: Calculations and Measures
- Lesson 1: Creating Power BI Reports
- Lesson 2: Managing a Power BI Solution
Module 7: Direct Connectivity
- Lab: Creating a Power BI Report
Module 8: The Developer API
- Lesson 2: Connecting to Analysis Services
- Lesson 1: The Developer API
Module 9: Power BI Mobile
- Lab: Using the Developer API
- Lesson 1: Power BI Mobile Apps
- Lesson 2: Using the Power BI Mobile App
- Lesson 3: Power BI Embedded